The Membership and Programs Committee consists of one board member and two or three members at large. It identifies and recruits new members of the association and promotes involvement in all association programs and activities. The committee coordinates all matters relation to education activities offered by the association and develops programs to improve the building industry and the association's presence within the community. It plans general membership meetings, picnics and other association events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in conjunction with staff, plans and conducts programs for membership development within established budget.
- Establishes goals, both immediate and long-range, for membership development.
- Provides for appropriate recognition of new members and their sponsors.
- Reviews and selects membership materials available from the National Association of Home Builders and other sources. Acts as a liaison to the NAHB Membership Committee.
- Oversees the awarding of Spike Club credits.
- Coordinates Spike Appreciation Month activities and other Spike recognition programs.
- Coordinates membership promotions with the National Association of Home Builders and state contests and drives.
- Recommends and assists in the production of local membership materials and brochures.
- Reports on progress to the Board of Directors and membership.