Public Issues / Government Affairs Committee
The Public Issues/Government Affairs Committee consists of one board member and two or three members at large. It partners with governing bodies to address public issues and contractor compliance with existing laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with local and state agencies to ensure compliance of contractors with regard to required licenses, insurance (liability, unemployment, workers compensation) and sales tax compliance.
- Helps educate contractors doing business in North Dakota on state requirements.
- Works with other Committees and the Board of Directors to ensure industry positions are made known to media and public.
- Works with the North Dakota Association of Builders on legislative issues.
- Develops relationships with city, county and state government officials and legislators to understand industry concerns and advocate on behalf of our members' issues.
- Works with city and county building officials on code issues and changes.