Code of Ethics
Members of the Western Area Builders Association:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well designed, well-constructed, and well-located in attractive communities with educational, recreational, religious, and shipping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the American free enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, all members of this Association shall agree to observe and be bound by the following Code of Ethics:
- Abide by the bylaws, rules, and procedures of the Western Area Builders Association.
- Conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy. Therefore, all transactions, agreements and dealings with customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and regulatory officials shall be conducted free from fraud or deception.
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built in every home. We shall comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress to the community.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment, and improved methods of home financing to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry, and the people we serve, shall have our informed and vigorous support and we shall keep informed regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interests and those of the home building industry as a whole.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American way of life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national associations, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- Maintain insurance as may be required by law, including, but not limited to general liability and workers compensation insurance, at a level that is adequate and customary for the business in which the member is engaged.
- Maintain licensure as may be required by law.
- Seek to resolve controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- Adhere to the building codes as set forth by the jurisdiction you are doing business in.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Western Area Builders Association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Western Area Builders Association.
Any member neglecting this Code of Ethics can be terminated from membership. All memberships are subjected to review by the Board or the General Membership.